Monday, May 01, 2006

My 200th Post: How I Spent My Weekend

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend. Stephen Heiner's interview with Bishop Tissier de Mallerais (SSPX) went live on the web, as did all of the various commentaries on this interview (including my own contribution).

All of this took place while my own Internet connection at home remained defunct, so I was forced to spend pockets of time at various Internet cafes and the like. C'est la vie.

I will almost certainly have future reflections on the "fallout" from this interview, reactions to the reactions, and so on.

Meanwhile, life goes on, and there are two new articles posted to the web site:

1) Jon Field offers some reflections on the meaning of the number 153 as it is found in St. John's Gospel, and as it relates to Our Lady of Fatima - be sure to read In this Number "153" the Woman will Conquer: Fatima's Ecumenical Peace Plan

2) I went digging this weekend in search of a possible Scriptural/Apostolic source for the words Mysterium Fidei in the Consecration of the Chalice. The Tridentine Council said the Canon was composed by Our Lord and by Apostolic Tradition; Innocent III said these words come from the Apostles themselves. I think I can show chapter and verse that proves the Scriptural case, but as always, the discipline of the secret makes it a challenge to illuminate what is purposefully obscured. Read A Note on the Origins of the Phrase Mysterium Fidei