Friday, August 06, 2004

Shorts

Today is Friday, so doggone it, I'm going to keep things short today. Short posts. Simple posts.

Later today, my wife and I are dropping off the kids with my mom, and we're actually going to go see a movie. (gasp!)

Hollywood has precious, precious little which is worth investing 2 1/2 hours of your life; in fact, most of what is offered is (or ought to be) offensive to Christians, and should be avoided altogether.

Which, for the most part, we've been doing. This will be the first movie I've seen at an actual movie theater since I saw The Passion back in March.

We're going to see M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village - I don't know how worth my time this will be, but Shyamalan (who also did Signs and The Sixth Sense) is usually pretty good about working "redemptive" themes into his movies.

So that's my Friday.

That and working on a new manuscript ... 100 Scripture Verses Every Catholic Should Know. The only challenge was limiting myself to only 100 verses...

'Ta ...