Friday, November 19, 2004

Another Week Gone

Been kinda quiet over here, hasn't it?

I've been keeping myself very much occupied lately, and just haven't had anything new to post in the meantime.

I'm currently working on writing a series of new essays on contraception, and collecting all of my old essays on the same subject - and the whole lot of them will be compiled into one large manuscript, which I'm seriously contemplating giving away as Christmas gifts (no joke).

I may post one or two of those essays here for your perusal, but be forewarned: they tend to get long-winded.

Other than that, I've been having a blast with my 2-year-old daughter (Lucy, by name), exploring the kitchen with her for the first time. We made pumpkin pie last week, pancakes last Saturday, waffles on Wednesday morning (when I was home from work with a back-ache), and one seriously foreboding batch of home-made egg nog on Wednesday night.

She loves the kitchen. She loves to pour ingredients into the bowl, and to "stir 'da shi-ger" is one of her favorite activities now. I like to watch her get interested in the process of making food, and I also sleep better at night knowing that I'm instilling in my daughter those very stereo-typical and politically-incorrect feminine attachments to the kitchen, the oven, the recipe book, etc.

Poor thing doesn't even know she's being repressed. Worse yet, she's actually having fun in the process.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. That, and the usual Life-Stuff that eats up your time and energy.

Make sure you visit the web site and read this article on the Mass, Creation, and our Everyday Life.