Friday, July 23, 2004

Spontaneous Verbal Combustion

There is no coherence here, and no theme. Just a bunch of random things I'm thinking on a Friday morning.

*******************

Stop talking about the war already. It's on all the radio news talk-shows every single day: the Hawks arguing with the Doves ... Should we be in Iraq? Do we as a nation really have the right to be policing what we deem to be "immoral" or "evil" dictatorships? Where are the WMDs? What about 9/11? Why didn't we go after Korea instead? Can we defeat terrorism? Are we only provoking it to get worse?

I have a different set of questions entirely. We believe it is ok to forcibly end the reign of a dictator who terrorized his subjects and brutally murdered his own citizens. Will we concede that it would be morally right for some other nation to forcibly end the reign of our government for brutally murdering 4,000 unborn US citizens every single day? After all, I know we have WMDs ...

*******************

This is not a free country. I wish we'd stop pretending otherwise.

I work 40+ hours every week. I work 12 months every year. For the first three of those months, I work exclusively for the government - that is to say that I pay the government roughly $13,000 every year in taxes. The serfs had it better.

For those three months, that $13,000 - a "war tax" introduced during WWII, which war our government apparently thinks is still going - goes to support, at least in part, the funding of doctors who will butcher live babies today. How else did you think women who have no medical insurance were able to pay for such a "medical procedure?"

Now, personally, I can't in good conscience send my money to people who are going to use that money for immoral purposes. How free a country is this? Try not paying into those tax-funded abortions and see just how free you are.

So cast my vote in November, right?

Wrong.

Neither of the major party candidates are Catholic men who are committed to establishing the reign of Christ as King of Society. Neither candidate is committed to saying publicly that abortion under any form and for any reason is an absolute evil, prohibited by Divine Law, much less putting an end to this holocaust once and for all.

I know, I know. Bush is "more pro-life" than Kerry. Bush is slightly "better" than Kerry in this area. He'll save more babies than Kerry - not all, but more.

What kind of choice is that?! You may as well put it on the ballot for me: Mr. Michael, would you like us to slaughter 2,000 babies in the next year, or 20,000? I'm not giving my permission for either, thank you very much.

My only admissible candidate isn't running right now: a truly Catholic man who will not shrink from letting his Catholic faith dictate how he runs the country; a man who isn't afraid to say, with the full weight of his office behind him, that there are such things as false religions, and that this nation has a Divine obligation to worship the one true God.

That will not happen any time soon.

Why?

Because it runs against the very principle upon which this nation was founded: religious liberty.

Yes, we are so religiously liberated and free that I have no option to vote for a president who truly embodies my religious beliefs, because my religious beliefs are excluded from the very "liberty" clause that ensures my religious freedom. That's how "free" I am.

*******************

There is no such thing as religious liberty for all.

It's a logical impossibility.

Just ask the Buddhists who got tossed out of St. Adalbert's by the SSPX last February. They think the SSPX should be charged with committing a hate crime. Apparently they believe in acceptance and tolerance of all religions, except those religions that cherish exclusivity as part of their creed.

Let me explain by means of a short grammatical demonstration.

The Constitution says, essentially, "no religion shall be given preferential treatment."

But there is no such thing as "no religion." You either worship God, or you participate in the essence of Satanism, which is refusing to worship God. The truth is that "no religion" describes an absence of religion, but there is no such thing as an absence of religion. Absence of the True Religion means the de facto presence of False Religion.

So let's change that statement to reflect the positive presence of "no religion," instead of absence: "No Religion shall be given preferential treatment."

That reflects the truth more clearly. No Religion, as a positive entity, shall be given preferential treatment in this country.

Actually, there's another name for "No Religion." It's called "Atheism."

So let's read that Constitutional statement again: "Atheism shall be given preferential treatment."

Balk at that if you will, but the current state of society proves me right. Atheism is given preference time and again in this nation. Christian symbols must be removed from the public square; no more Manger Scenes at Christmas, and "Christmas" will become "Happy Holidays"; no more Ten Commandments on the walls; no more prayer in school; sooner than you think, there will be prohibitions against publicly preaching that Sodomy is a sin; Atheism shall be given preference.

*******************

Bush is Skull and Bones. Kerry is Skull and Bones. Both have admitted as much. Both are, by virtue of their membership in this secret society, sworn enemies of the Catholic Church and of the Catholic principle of the Social Kingship of Christ.

There is no "lesser of two evils" here as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think I'm going to vote.

"Oh, but Bush is a Christian, a man of faith!"

Horse-puke. He's a Protestant, and maybe in the 1600s that might have meant something about what you could expect of a man, at least in terms of his morals (the first generation of Protestants were anti-Divorce, anti-Contraception, pro-State/Church union, anti-Sodomy, etc.) - but in American in the 21st Century, being a "Protestant" means nothing. It means you can pretty much make up your religion as you go along.

Don't believe me? Look at the Anglicans who are ready to throw open the gates to Sodomite priests. Look at the many denominations who are ordaining women pastors. Look at how no major Protestant denomination teaches that contraception is still, after all these years, an offense against God and an abominable wickedness. Look at how many Protestant scholars in the mainline are starting to reject the inspiration of Scripture.

John Shelby Spong is still a bishop in the Episcopal church.

No, saying that Bush is a Protestant means nothing to me, except that he is objectively an enemy of the Church - and somehow I think his Skull and Bones allegiences outweigh any creed he supposedly professes.

*******************

My daughter is a better Catholic than I am, and I think I'm going to start trying to follow her example.

She gets up in the morning and the first thing she does is say hello to "Sheh-sus" (Jesus), "May-mee" (Mary), and "Say-oo-see" (St. Lucy); the last thing she does before bed is kiss images of all three, and says "na-nye" (goodnight) to them each by name.

Not a bad to "book-end" your day.

If I could remember to do that myself, I'd be in really good shape.

*******************

My guardian angel is fantastic. I lost control of my car on the freeway yesterday, and losing control at 75 MPH is really a dangerous thing. Somehow, I avoided hitting anything, and got things under control with no damage. "And he shall give his angels charge over you ..."

Thank you, Guardian Angel.